Wednesday, September 5, 2007

I'm "IT"! Eight things about Victoria

If you spend any time at all on blogs, you'll find there's quite a few people playing "tag" right now, and the fabulous Katherine of Katherine Tolentino Photography just got me! The object of the game is to write up 8 things that other people don't know about you, and then "tag" other people. So here are mine.....

1. In the span of 2 years, I worked for Godiva Chocolatier, a mall photo studio, a down & feather bedding manufacturer, a business telephony contractor, and a diaper manufacturer. My view of the business world has been a bit skewed since then! I never thought I'd stay in a job longer than 2 years, but have been in the current one for over 7.
2. I flunked sewing in junior high school. Twice.
3. I'm a compulsive, native speed reader. I taught myself to read at age two & simply, literally, cannot stop. I'd rather read than do just about anything at all! Last night, I came home with six books from Barnes & Noble--three of them were finished by two AM this morning....of course, this just feeds my insomnia....
4. I stalk Ebay regularly for a pair of Swarovski crystal encrusted Stuart Weitzman heels I saw as a teenager. Someday they will be mine.
5. I've never broken a bone or spent a night in the hospital.
6. I've also never seen ET. Or virtually any other movie that characterizes my generation. I saw Star Wars for the first time about 10 years ago & still don't understand what the fuss is all about! On the other hand, I can watch Men in Black, Pirates of the Caribbean, Labyrinth, and A Fish Called Wanda over and over and over....
7. Nail polish doesn't stick to my nails for longer than about 30 minutes.
8. Every time I spend a Seahawks game knitting, we win the game. It even worked for the Colts last year. Unfortunately the phenomenon doesn't seem to work for the Mariners. :(

OK--here's my tags--y'all are IT & I want to see what you come up with!

Laurel McConnell (of course)
Shannon, our newly relocated Lucky Red Hen, who I definitely want to know more about!
Gerald & Airika Pope, one of the first local photographers to welcome me into the business
Kacy Cierley, who has the most darling new blog format!
Bill Cawley, whose photography always challenges me to new heights
Auey Santos of Photograffiti, whose blog made me miss my Bay Area hometown :(

3 comments:

OHANA PHOTOGRAPHERS said...

wow, star wars only 10 years ago, unheard of! very interesting facts. i love reading these things! beautiful work btw!

Mark Brooke Photographers said...

And you have never seen E.T. that is a good movie. and like David saud your work is awesome!

Gerald & Airika said...

hey there! I just saw this...I guess we'd better come up with something! :)

Airika