Monday, September 3, 2007

Dresden & Rob--Second shooting with Laurel McConnell!


On September 1st, I had the pleasure of second shooting with the fabulous Laurel McConnell! Laurel has been documenting weddings for seven years now, and any chance I get to hang out with her is always both a blast & a learning experience. Lucky me, this was the first of back to back weekends shooting for Laurel's studio. :)






This week's couple, Dresden & Rob, are a wonderful couple from the South, whose wedding was held on private property on Whidbey Island. The views were spectacular, the families were the friendliest & most gracious I've met yet, and the site was amazingly diverse--tons of cute little "cabins", gorgeous antiques, and fun activities such as an oversized chess set!

Just a few favorites:



Rob's son Jules wasn't always happy about having to be dressed up--in fact, the shoes were off in about a minute flat, and the dress pants were swapped with jeans the minute the formals ended! It was awesome to see him interact with his dad though, and he was so darling when Dad coaxed out a smile.



My favorite quote of the day came from Dresden as we were setting up a shot.
Dresden: "Honey, you said I wouldn't feel any different, and you were wrong."
From Rob: "How do you feel?"
Dresden: "Better! Happier!"

That's how every bride should feel. And these two showed it in every interaction. There's just nothing I love to see more than a couple truly in love.

Their getaway was in a gorgeous old Packard convertable!



As always, many many thanks to Laurel for allowing me to tag along! Make sure you check out her blog--her photos of this day were SPECTACULAR (I know, I put together the slideshow & had the worst time narrowing down all the choices.) I'll edit this post with a direct link once she has it posted to her own.

And extra special thanks to my own husband, for allowing me to spend our anniversary shooting this wedding. As Dresden said, "Well, bless his little baby heart for letting you come spend today with us!"

2 comments:

Katherine said...

OK!!! I'VE TAGGED YOU!!! YOU HAVE TO SAY 8 THINGS ABOUT YOU THAT MOST PEOPLE WOULDN'T ORDINARILY KNOW!!! :) (but we have to keep it...at least pg13) j/k. :)

Then you have to tag someone else's blog

Anonymous said...

I think she said it, "AWWWW, Wieel bless hiz lil beebe hawart...!!"

I think I talk half Alabama now, and I totally had "grocery store feet" at the end of the day ;)

This was THE funnest day, thank you so much Victoria for being there to keep me sane and get these great shots! I can't wait to see what else you shot- and true, we'll HAVE to link together when the final cut is made- they had such a wonderfully gorgeous wedding mixed with southern charm and northwest beauty!